Door County is famous for its many shipwrecks. Did you know that the name Door County has its roots in the French name 'Porte des Morts', and can be traced back to a battle between the Potawatomi and Winnebago Indian tribes? According to legend, the battle took place at Door Bluff County Park, which is just north of our marina or a scenic bicycle ride from the resort via Garrett Bay Road.
2018 Marina Rules and Regulations
- Boat Owner shall be respectful of other boat owners and guests of Marina and resort. Boat Owner shall refrain from excessive noise at all times so as not to disturb other boat owners or resort guests. ‘Boatyard’ work and operation of power tools(including but not limited to grinders, sanders, buffers, polishers and drills) is not permitted in our harbors due to the close proximity to our beach and common areas and other vacationers who wish to enjoy their peace and quiet. Bottom cleaning is not permitted on premises.
- The use of independent contractors and outside labor by slip renters must be approved by resort management. Independent contractors and outside laborers must provide proof of insurance(a Certificate of Insurance) showing liability and workers comp coverage and must check in with the office or call 920-854-2006 prior to working on site.
- Boat Owner covenants to maintain a clean dock and marina property area while using the slip space or marina facilities. The piers and docks are walkways and for safety reasons must be at all times free of equipment, gear, tables, chairs, bicycles, inflatables and other toys; these items must be kept on owners’ boats. Bicycle and skateboard riding are not permitted on piers or docks. The piers, tables and benches are common areas to be shared by boaters and cottage renters. As a common courtesy, please do not leave personal items in common areas when you are not present so others may enjoy these areas. Do not leave fuel containers on the piers/docks or anywhere in resort common areas.
- If Marina shall decide to alter, remodel, repair, refurbish, reconstruct(alteration) any part of its dock or moorage facilities and, in the sole judgment of Marina, the continued occupancy of the space by the boat pursuant to this Agreement will in any way interfere with any such proposed alteration, Marina may assign a different slip to Boat Owner or terminate this Agreement by giving written notice to Boat Owner, which notice shall specify the effective date of such termination.
- This Agreement shall automatically terminate on substantial damage to or destruction of the slip space or violation of Marina Rules and Regulations.
- This Agreement shall automatically terminate in the event Boat Owner discharges, or causes to be discharged, any fuel, trash, litter, sewage, or other form of pollutant from Boat Owner’s boat into waters in or adjacent to Marina’s dock or moorage facilities.
- Only Boat Owners and their immediate families are permitted to use the facilities detailed under ‘Section 3’ of the Seasonal Boat Slip License with a maximum of six family members at a time. Please also note that the resort operates at very high occupancy in the months of July and much of August, with limited capacity in our parking and common areas. The Resort reserves the right to limit large group gatherings that are not in compliance with Rule #1 above. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- To help ensure security, each slip includes only one bath/shower key; duplicate keys are not allowed. New customers will be charged a $25.00 key deposit fee. This fee will be refunded when a working key is returned upon non-renewal. A $25.00 fee will be charged to replace a lost key.
- PWC trailer parking: The resort does not offer boat or personal watercraft trailer parking for seasonal boat slip renters on resort property. You may park at the long term parking lot at the town fire station, only a two minute drive from the resort. Town policy requires owner contact information to be recorded on the trailers.
- Violation of the above rules may result in termination of slip license/lease and/or loss of first refusal next season.